Move In/Out Cleaning Services
Moving is stressful enough; the last thing you need to worry about is cleaning the old/new house. Leave it to the professionals, and let V & W Cleaning handle the move-in/move-out cleaning for you.
Whether you are a renter who is moving out or a landlord who is about to take on a new tenant. The move-in/move-out cleaning is critical.
When a place is rented, it is critical that the new resident moves into a clean environment. As a renter, it is critical to clean on the way out in order to receive your deposit back.
In either case, the move in/out cleaning is critical.
What’s the difference between a move-in / move-out and a regular cleaning?
The standard cleaning is for general maintenance. This includes cleaning the countertops, floors, bathrooms, and kitchens, as well as other standard cleaning items.
There are some extra considerations made when doing a move in / move out cleaning to ensure the residence is ready for the next family.
Move in / Move Out cleaning includes:
- Everything in the standard cleaning
- Dusting ceiling fans (as needed)
- Dusting window sills
- Dusting blinds
- Cleaning the inside windows panes.
- Cleaning baseboards
Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
Extras Available Upon Request
A variety of add-ons are available for move-in/move-outs that require a little extra TLC. Please let us know if you are looking for anything specific on this list. That way, we can be certain that it is completed.
- Inside Oven
- Inside Cabinets
- Inside refrigerator
Keep in mind that these are NOT included by default. Please let us know if you require them.
We’ve done a lot of move-in/move-out cleanings and know a thing or two about making them go smoothly!
- Leave a key: Most move-in/move-outs are for vacant homes. In an empty house, waiting through an hour-long arrival window can feel like an eternity. Especially if the Internet has been turned off! As a result, we always recommend leaving a key to gain access. Either under the mat, in the mailbox, or in a lock-box if one is available. Simply tell us in the comments where the key will be.
- Have running water and power: We frequently don’t have running water or power when we arrive at a move-out cleaning. It goes without saying that a lack of power or water results in a less than satisfactory home cleaning. We’ll need both for a successful cleaning! If you have either of these turned on, make sure to schedule the cleaning for at least 24 hours after. If the water is turned off on Tuesday, schedule the cleaning for Wednesday at the earliest. The utility company will have plenty of time to turn things on, saving us all headaches later.
- Leave a few days after to allow for re-cleaning if necessary: If your lease is up or you’re handing over keys. We always try to leave a few days after cleaning in case we need to return. If you need a re-cleaning and need the keys back in a few hours, we may be out of luck!
- Schedule other services on different days: If you’re planning on hiring movers, carpet cleaners, or plumbers, schedule them all on different days. Cleaning is difficult when other services are in operation. We also know they feel the same way. Make sure we all have enough space to do our best.
Frequently Asked Questions about Move-in / Move-Out Cleanings
Q: Do I have to be at home for the cleaning?
A: No, it is perfectly acceptable to allow the cleaning crew access without your presence. When we’re finished, we’ll even lock up for you.
Q: How long will it take to clean?
A: Move-ins and move-outs necessitate more detailed work than a standard cleaning. As a result, we always assume that a move-in/move-out will add an hour or two to the time required for a standard cleaning. A one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment would take about 2-3 hours, while a three-bedroom apartment could take up to 4 or 5 hours.
What’s NOT Included?
We get a lot of questions about specific tasks for move-in/move-out cleanings. As a result, we felt compelled to include a few notes on what is NOT included in a move-in/move-out cleaning.
- Outside Windows: We do not have the necessary equipment and are not insured to clean the outside windows. If there is dirt or grime on the outside, the inside windows may appear dirty after we have left. Please let us know if you require assistance cleaning the outside windows. We are always happy to recommend a company that we know and trust.
- Carpet Cleaning: We do not have steam cleaning or carpet stain removal equipment. For severe carpet stains or if you require a steam cleaning. Please contact a carpet cleaning professional. If you need a recommendation, we’d be happy to help!
- Other Things: We are unable to assist with a number of tasks due to a lack of equipment or for safety reasons. The complete list is available here. If you have any questions about what is or is not included, please contact us. Please contact me directly if you have any questions.